[lbo-talk] Heidegger etc.

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Wed Jul 9 01:41:42 PDT 2008

Before I sign off on all this, let me just confirm that in this cluster of threads on Butler, Foucault and then Heidegger, the political implications of all three of these added together seem in the list's view to range from no significance, at the one extreme, to the avoidance of "flat footed statements" at the other.* I guess that's about it then?

*Statements with negative political implications like "heterosexuality is men and women fucking each other and liking it."

Tahir

PS For those still interested in the Heidegger question, I didn't mention this very engaging piece by Zizek. Worth a read, for all sorts of reasons: http://zizekstudies.org/index.php/ijzs/article/view/64/129

PPS Oh and I forgot to mention that my own definition of fascism is 'ultranationalism'. I don't really think it has ever meant more or less than that.