[lbo-talk] Heidegger

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 9 07:14:54 PDT 2008

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> Neither Marx's ideas nor his politics were wicked, quite the contrary. Neither did he actively embrace and never repudiate the sort of crimes that were later performed in his name. That doesn't mean that the Old Man's ideas and politics didn't have dangerous potentials. We cannot deny, at this point, that they lent themselves to justifying the unspeakable. Or anyway they could be kidnapped for this purpose.

Just like the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence, etc. Things like the Dred Scott decision, the careful monitoring of and raised eybrows at (i.e., approval of)the execution of some 10,000 South Korean prisoners, Trail of Tears, other things like that. Yes indeed, they ought to have a warning sign put on them.

Chris is just being childish.

Carrol