[lbo-talk] Fascism (Heidegger etc.)

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Wed Jul 9 07:38:38 PDT 2008

From: Angelus Novus

Tahir Wood:

> Before I sign off on all this, let me just confirm
that > in this cluster of threads on Butler, Foucault and then > Heidegger, the political implications of all three of
> these added together seem in the list's view

In other words, you think this list is full of queer post-structuralist Nazi sympathizers?

Tahir: "Queer" as in homosexuals? Maybe, so what? Nazi sympathizers? No, don't be ridiculous. (Oops! Sorry. Just remembered that 'homosexuality' is an 'institution'. I've just outed myself as a power maniac. Or something.) No, your inference is very wide of the mark. But then I don't think you really did make this inference, did you?

> Oh and I forgot to mention that my own definition of

> fascism is 'ultranationalism'.

Ah, as opposed to the good kind of "non-ultra" nationalism?

Tahir: Again, don't be silly. I'm no Maoist. Nationalism to me is bad. Period. Therefore ultra-nationalism is VERY bad. Pretty simple logic that. You must be having an off day, two out of two silly non-points. You normally do very much better than that. You're not in the process of becoming a TOSSer are you?