[lbo-talk] Chris, overposting maniac, makes a final word

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 9 08:09:25 PDT 2008

===================================== This is certainly an eclectic list, running the gamut from anarchists to admirers of Italian fascism. I've previously noted that my definition of "left" is restricted to those who, whatever their disagreements, have supported the objectives of the trade unions and other social protest movements against those who would destroy them. In periods like the present, when such conflicts are muted and mostly electoral, there's not the same compulsion to take sides, and it's easy for those like Chris to adopt an "even-handed" approach. Alas, in times of crisis, when forced to choose, such intellectuals typically follow their impulses to the right.