[lbo-talk] Superclass!

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Fri Jul 11 13:54:12 PDT 2008

>Book Review
>Doug Henwood on the Global Power Elite
>
>Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making
>By David Rothkopf
>Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 400 pages

I finally read this. It's a very good review.

>Are we now ruled by an international elite that has left national
>borders far behind?

People do, but how can anyone actually believe this? Aren't all stock markets segmented along national borders? Don't currency traders make money from national differentials? Aren't decisions about production made with national wage differences in mind? Saying "the elite" have left the nation behind is arguing from patriotism, Ron Paulism.