[lbo-talk] democracy in action

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Fri Jul 11 14:45:53 PDT 2008

>Picket them!

That's not a bad idea. But it needs to be some sort of performance art, otherwise you'd just end up replicating the netrootsers' dull earnestness.

I'm sure Robert Jensen already has some sort of plodding-march thing planned. It is an event after all, and it is vaguely political, so it calls for a protest. I bet he's dying to once again utter the startling revelation that the Democrats are just as complicit in American imperialism as Republican. Oh, and they're also soft on pornography, that ultimate barometer of white-male privilege and the greatest scourge of humankind. The convention center is convenient for him, as the anticonsumerist refrigerator box he lives in is located just around the corner.