[lbo-talk] Roubini: a haircut not a bailout

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Jul 12 09:56:36 PDT 2008

> The price of credit default swaps for U.S. Treasuries rose yesterday,
> by the way. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Traders will bet on anything :)

When I was at Morgan Stanley in the late 80s, we used to watch the marquee at a XXX theatre around the corner on 47th get the title of the headliner movie changed every Tuesday morning during the mid-morning lull and play it like Wheel Of Fortune: $10/letter, winner take all.

The only time I won, it was "Yank My Doodle!" and I got it on the 6th letter :-)

/jordan