[lbo-talk] URPE Summer Conference -- Aug 15-18 -- REGISTER NOW! ORGANIZE A PANEL!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 14 08:25:50 PDT 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Julio Huato wrote:

> How can we get larger groups of young people with the heart in the
> right place (that is, with a strong, passionate commitment to the
> interest of working people, discontent with the status quo, for social
> change), to seriously and critically study math and modern economics?
> How can we help them in their pursuit?

Who studies that stuff without wanting to go into academia or finance? Sure, some can go work for unions, but that's about it. Find 'em some jobs, and they'll stick it out.

Though what has the contribution been lately of radical economics? Why should young people be attracted to something that barely exists?

Doug