[lbo-talk] URPE Summer Conference -- Aug 15-18 -- REGISTER NOW! ORGANIZE A PANEL!

sawicky at verizon.net sawicky at verizon.net
Mon Jul 14 08:42:08 PDT 2008

I think, perhaps self-servingly, that the contribution of EPI and CEPR to

the policy debate is significant.  At the state level there are many counterparts.

Around both outfits is a circle of journalists who pay attention to them.

You might not want to call what they do "radical."  To some extent this

perception is due to their avoidance of theory for its own sake.  They all

have their own theories but see little use in elaborating or extending

them for anyone else's benefit.

If you want to work for either you need grad school training.  The theory

part of grad school is necessary but not sufficient -- you need the empirical

methods as well.