[lbo-talk] Citizenship for Federal Employment. Was URPE Summer Conference -- Aug 15-18 -- REGISTER NOW! ORGANIZE A PANEL!

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 10:00:33 PDT 2008

Actually, there is a position/job/project that I have always wanted to apply for - with NASA - but I am a permanent resident; for the position I need to have citizenship. Great position. Saw it on telly a few years ago and right up my street.

NASA's Shuttles photograph sources of water and underground lakes in the Sahara. One of my specific interests is poverty, hunger and need in Mali, Niger and Sudan.

Malian and Niger -ian communities send large groups of men out into barren lands to collect water; they send large groups because they know that some will not make it back from the desert.

Damn if we can only use the NASA information to help them... Anyway, just a thought.

On Jul 14, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Michael Perelman wrote:

> As of 2002, the Fed employed an estimated 495 full-time staff
> economists.

Well-paid ones, too. With a lubricated chute potentially leading to an even better-paid job on Wall Street. And they often do good, interesting work. But not radical.