[lbo-talk] Bush tries to make joke: "Goodbye from world's biggest polluter!"

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 15 05:46:08 PDT 2008

Qatar remains on top of the per capita CO2 emissions rankings.

John T wrote:

>I'd have to double check this but I believe in current per capita
>emissions Australia is the number one CO2e emitter, not the U.S.
**************

Congratulations go to the rulers of Qatar... this tiny State in the Middle Eastern region of our planet. They are allowing the globe to be warmed up the fastest and thus are the winners in the climate change promtional sweeps. They are followed by the ruling classes of the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain and the United States of America. Australia's ruling class comes in 8th place. Not a bad showing really, when you think about it: eighth out of the 176 nations examined at "Nation Master".

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/env_co2_emi_percap-environment-co2-emissions-per-capita

Indonesia is 102, just ahead of Tonga and Zimbabwe. Coming in at 176th and last in the per capita CO 2 emissions race is the ruling class of The Democratic Republic of Congo.

And how about Indian and Chinese ruling classes? They are being painted by many rulers of the world, including Bush and Brendon Nelson, as obstructors to any kind of agreement on stopping this mad race to heat up the globe. Well fellow workers, India ranks 113th and China is 80th.

Truth be told, the workers of the world will never be allowed to live in harmony with the Earth while the ruling capitalist/monarchist classes remain in charge of the productive apparatus of nation States. Wage-slavery keeps worker/producers in an environmentallly suicidal dependency structure.

What time is it?

Time to organise One Big Union.

Mike B)

The only constant is change. http://www.iww.org/en/join