[lbo-talk] breathing heavily

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 15 10:38:52 PDT 2008

At 09:34 AM 7/15/2008, rayrena wrote:

quoting Mike Davis:

>only a
>modest portent of the chaos that could soon grow
>exponentially from the convergence of resource depletion,
>intractable inequality, and climate change.

How does this fit with the "nature is order" trope we had running here a while back? Last night I watched part of a documentary on Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchcock was talking about The Birds and he said we take nature for granted and ignore it at our peril. He said something like "we played with uranium 235 and look where that got us."