[lbo-talk] right-wing nuts embrace NYer cover

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Jul 15 12:23:36 PDT 2008

>>> Doug Henwood

Charles, I'm going to assume you're just having fun with this "hater"

thing. Because if you're serious, you've taken leave of your senses.

^^^^ CB: Funny thing, Doug, I've been thinking something similar about you. You can't be serious with your last six months of posts on Obama. i'm like "what is the matter with Doug ? Why is he so irrational on this topic ? " A real mystery to me.

^^^ Like I said many months ago, Obama's just another Democrat with a sleazy real estate guy in his past. ^^^^ CB: There you go again. How is it you don't point to all the comparable things about Clinton and McCain ? Why the obsession with Barry , like about 50 to one compared to the other candidates ? It's a real odd thing, Doug. Ok if it's not hate, what's driving it ? I mean the total focus on Barry. That's the strange part. There was another Dem , and now a Rep in the race , you know.

Actually, it's more than that. A lot of the stuff you post are half-truths or distortions about him. I get this picture of somebody just so angry it distorts his judgment or precision. You've sent a whole bunch of posts where the heading twists and misrepresents the content of the post. You almost "never" send anything positive about him. You don't even make a pretense of being objective or unbiased. It's actually ridiculous, but you don't seem to be joking. Sometimes I think "Maybe it's all a big joke , or 'art' ".

^^^^

That, and a very skilled politician. He's no more deserving of hate than any of the rest of them.

Doug

^^^^ CB: Good point. So, why do you give him more hate than the rest of them ? That's what you should ask yourself - especially , when the only other candidate now is McCain. Even Carrol the famous Democrat hater, doesn't bang on Barry as much as you do. It's like the LBO Twilight Zone. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk