[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on BHO

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 16 12:49:13 PDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Here's my new fantasy: we stop talking about Sen. Obama and start
> thinking and talking about the complete disarray of left politics - a
> dangerous situation to be sure, because we're needed, at full our
> strength and highest level of alertness, to deal with problems such as
> climate change (which, by now, is at least as much a political issue
> as it is about methods of energy production and consumption).

You're right, of course, though it's going to be hard to stop talking about Sen. O through the election at least, longer if he wins. But talking about him, pro or con, is a comfy substitute for talking about the disarray you describe. My favorite strategy is still forgetting about presidential politics (including Nader and the hopeless McKinney) and focus instead on local and state-level organizing, and specific issues (climate is an excellent one). Presidential politics is just too steep a hill for our thin forces.

Doug