[lbo-talk] Economic Sociologist needed for NPR program

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 16:46:41 PDT 2008

FWD:

Good afternoon,

This is Jackie Cooper, media relations officer at ASA. I’m writing with a media opportunity from NPR’s “Weekend America” show (http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/).

A producer with the show is hoping to speak with a sociologist about the ideas of independence vs. interdependence in our society.

The premise of the story is that, because of the economy, many Americans are downsizing and in so doing may be now sharing resources with others. The segment will address how sharing is often frowned upon because it means that you don’t have “your own.”

The producer is seeking a sociologist to participate in a taped phone interview that would take place this week to air on Saturday’s show.

If you feel that you can contribute to this topic and are available for a phone interview before Friday afternoon, please send me an e-mail with your name, title/affiliation, contact information and a short summary of your relevant expertise.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Regards,

Jackie

____________________________ Jackie Cooper Media Relations Officer American Sociological Association jcooper at asanet.org (202) 383-9005 x332 Fax (202) 638-0882 ASA Press Room: Subscribe to the ASA News RSS Feed.

2008 Annual Meeting: Worlds of Work Boston, August 1-4 ____________________________