[lbo-talk] Heidegger and language

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 03:29:07 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 7/16/08, Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au> quoted Dennis:

this is why
> ontology preceded the Fascisms of the 1930s, and outlasted
> the military defeat of these movements. >

Wait a second -- this may make some sense in the German context, but Fascism preceded the 1930s, its philosophers were Croce and Gentile, and insofar as it they "enriched" it with a philosophical basis it was with reference to Hegel (going by the extremely little I know about Italian philosophy).

(Personally I suspect that Adorno was alarmed by the close similarities between his thought and that of Heidegger.)