[lbo-talk] Kewl

J T. Ramsay blackmail at blackmailismylife.com
Fri Jul 18 03:47:36 PDT 2008

I've gotta disagree that it's so 2005. This isn't last.fm. Pandora actually employs musicologists to sort out similarities in the music style, rather than arbitrarily bundling music by loose genre association. They've been tailoring the service very intensely since it first launched and I think that it's one of the best custom radio experiences on the web.

What I love most about it is that it satisfies casual music fans as well as your hardcore fan, and I'm not just saying that because it's part of my job. :)

On a related music note, is anyone playing with muxtape.com? It's less aggravatingly 'social' than many of these services, but is still a great way to create virtual mixtapes on share them via the web.

Cheers,

J T. Ramsay blackmail at blackmailismylife.com