[lbo-talk] Derbisol

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 18 11:51:32 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> The AAPORites have been carrying on their discussion of the use of
> phony names in surveys. A common trick in surveys of drug use is to
> ask about the consumption of "Derbisol" (aka derb or dirt) - which
> doesn't exist. Close to 1 in 5 respondent say they've used it on some
> surveys.
>
> Doug

How do they use this data? I know surveys also put fictitious names on surveys as well as fictitious legislation but how is knowing someone is lying about one item on a survey translate into something usable? You can't just discard every response by that individual can you? Discarding 20% of your surveys wouldn't seem practical.

Derbisol kicks ass by the way. Best high I ever had. You can buy it here: http://pharm.snuh.org/newsletter/200310/200310_01.htm

John Thornton