[lbo-talk] Statement at Netroots (YearlyKos) convention in Austin, TX

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 23:51:08 PDT 2008

[I don't know that I would have gone even if I had had the $450 to attend this thing at the Austin Hilton, after reading Perrin's _Savage Mules_. But here is a quote for the ages regarding Obama's recent rightward policy trajectory, as explained by the DLC chairman. - B.]

July 18, 2008

The DLC And Netroots Collide Posted by KYLE TRYGSTAD

[...]

On Barack Obama, and the recent uproar within the netroots community on his vote for the FISA bill, [DailyKos founder] Moulitsas said the netroots weren't upset because he was moving to the center of the political spectrum, "it's because he was not moving to the center. There was no popular support for this bill." [DLC chairman Harold] Ford noted [in response] that "When you run for president ... you're running to represent everyone," not just liberals or conservatives.

[...]

http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/07/where_the_dlc_and_netroots_mee.html