[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on BHO

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 19 16:07:30 PDT 2008

martin wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:
>
> > it occurred because like-minded people got together and developed
> > effective political strategies
>
> A lot of that resulted from effective use of media. Be nice to have
> some laws passed and enforced that return us to days when 'the media'
> could be 'like-minded'.

A lot of what?

There was no particular "use" of media, though because the media did (for a while) spread our activities, we grew (wrongly) to depend on it. When that stopped in 1971 we had no way of knowing the scope of our activities any longer.

As for the "getting together" that Miles speaks of, it was almost wholly either (a) word of mouth, (b) or the activities of the CPUSA, its affiliates and (still active) ex-members.

And the media never was nor ever will be anything but "pro-capitalist" and "pro-imperialist" minded.

Carrol