[lbo-talk] ambition today...

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 16:47:33 PDT 2008

Jesus, Doug, are you just trying to make people on the list physically ill nowadays...?

Reminds me of this retch-worthy piece a friend forwarded to me: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/07/au_revoir_new_york_media_scene.html

It's all trust fund this, peach Cosmopolitan that -- and ta-ta, pretentious NYC literary scene; I'm off to PARIS! Take that! (re: Jessica Roy)

I can only hope some of these people go more the Sylvia Plath route than the Diablo Cody route. Though there's still enough time for her to pull a Plath, too.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"...at least among socialites. From a Page Six Magazine profile of Olivia Palermo (via Gawker):

http://www.nypost.com/pagesixmag/issues/20080720/Living+Socialite+Olivia+Palermos+Sweet+Spot>

Although she has a year of media studies at the New School to go, Olivia is ready to take on the acting world. Leaning against the simple, modern white Jonathan Adler desk in her bedroom, she confides, 'I don’t have to work—my parents have always supported me in everything I’ve wanted to do—but I want to. I want to be an actress and a brand, and then I want to do some producing.'"