[lbo-talk] dustup

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:00:51 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Andy F <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doug's post didn't make a link out of the whole URL, but Joanne
> Landy's was truncated. Is this any better?
>
> <http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-landsburg-henwood22-2008jul22,0,4824536.story>

Yeah, that made it. Max's description of Landsburg as a dummy is certainly validated by this:

>Do you remember the World Wide Web of 1999, where it took five minutes to download a family photo? There was no Wikipedia, Netflix was brand new, there was no such thing as buying an MP3 download -- which I suppose was just as well, because there was no such thing as an iPod. Meanwhile, Kodak had just released a 1.3 megapixel digital camera. You carried it on your shoulder and it cost $13,000.

And this makes up for higher health care costs? Higher food costs? Higher clothing cost? Higher transportation costs? Necessities rose in price, and luxuries dropped. And this means an average OVERSTATES the cost of living? WTF? Doug may or may not remember 1999 well, (Personally it was a bad year for me, and one I've done my best to forget.) But Steven seems to lack the ability to do simple arithmetic.