[lbo-talk] Re: dustup (José Luis Galbe Loshuertos)

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 23 03:36:02 PDT 2008

Julio writes:

This reminds me of my old Cuban teacher José Luis Galbe Loshuertos...Exiled in France after the defeat of the Republic, he and his wife (Rita Berta, a Parisian) later moved to Santiago de Cuba, where he joined the M-26 rebels in the mid 1950s. After the triumph, Galbe joined the foreign service. When he retired, he became a professor at the Universidad de La Habana. He had been close to Che and remained close friends with Raúl Castro. Raúl visited him every now and then in his apartment in Vedado, Havana. Mauricio Vincent, a Spanish student (he works now with Spain's El País), and I used to hang out with Galbe. I had long arguments with him over Stalin and the Soviet Union... ================================== Interesting sketch. Who was the one favouring Stalin? :)