[lbo-talk] Edwards caught with mistress, love child

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 08:05:27 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 7/23/08, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I know this is a joke, but the Enquirer is accurate.

[WS:] The point is not whether the Enquirer is accurate, but whether it is selective in its "accuracy." Bad propaganda tells outright lies, good propaganda tells truths - selectively.

My only knowledge of the Enquirer comes from displays in supermarket cashier lanes, so I may err on this, but I am yet to see the Enquirer running an expose of a right-wing or a Repug politician.

In other words, the Enquirer is a right wing hatchet man "exposing" liberal politicians and celebrities, but remaining silent on conservative ones, no?

Wojtek