[lbo-talk] Edwards caught with mistress, love child

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 11:04:36 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 7/23/08, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Plus, fucking around while your wife is dying of cancer
> looks pretty
> bad.

[WS:] No doubt. But there seems to be a double standard here - when the Repug swine Newt Gingrich does that and even serves her divorce papers while she is in a hospital bed, that seems to be a taboof for gossipy tabloids. When a moderately liberal politician does something far less sinister (as there is a clear difference in my mind between merely having an affair and backstabbing someone while in a hospital bed) - that suddently becomes a juicy story for the gosspiy tabloids.

I would not mind if it were just gossip - but I am afraid it just far more then that. In fact this seems to be one of the main tools in the hands of the right to systematically sabotage anything left of the center.

Wojtek