[lbo-talk] teaching the pampered rich at Harvard

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 11:48:58 PDT 2008

At 11:36 AM 7/23/2008, Charles A. Grimes wrote:

>The reason the arts declined over the
>neoliberal era was because the working class base, where most artist
>come from were cut off.

Compare the Los Angeles art scene in the movie you talked about recently and now. Those people in the movie couldn't afford rent now There's no place to squat even.

But there's always stuff coming through the cracks. Right now I'm real high on Antony (Hegarty).

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=10099

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22antony+hegarty%22&btnG=Google+Search