[lbo-talk] U.S. missile crew fall asleep on duty

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 25 12:10:40 PDT 2008

uvj at vsnl.com wrote:
> July 25, 2008
>
> U.S. missile crew fall asleep on duty
> http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/28012
>
> The U.S. Air Force has revealed three ballistic missile launch crew members
> in North Dakota fell asleep while holding classified launch code devices
> this month.
> http://www.russiatoday.ru/news/news/28012

Can someone tell me the connection between falling asleep and holding classified launch codes? Would falling asleep without the launch codes be much different? I do remember the military having a huge bug up their ass about falling asleep on duty but realistically, if someone called these guys and ordered them to launch the fact that the call woke them up, rather than found then playing cards, would be irrelevant.

John Thornton