[lbo-talk] dustup revisited

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 13:42:26 PDT 2008

Doug:

It's odd (as Steve Wasserman pointed out in his piece on the decline of the book review) that in a medium with theoretically no length limit, essays are shorter than ever.

But there's a limit (or so the Internet mystics say) to our patience for long pieces, 'published' online.

Tumblr -- the newly hailed answer to blog excess -- is reportedly at the vanguard of screen-presented minimalism.

The unspoken fantasy is that we'll eventually be able to efficiently communicate via burst transmission: information dense but kilobyte light. A sort of hypertextual Hemingway-ism.

.d.

-- "Is Michael Bay a toddler?"

Mike Nelson

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/