[lbo-talk] Berlusconi "freed" by Italy's new immunity law

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Jul 25 19:13:25 PDT 2008

Berlusconi "freed" by Italy's new immunity law http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssBroadcasting/idUSL457097420080724

Thu Jul 24, 2008

ROME, July 24 (Reuters) - Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi thanked Italian lawmakers for granting him immunity from prosecution in a law approved by parliament this week, saying, "You've freed me."

"Finally the magistrates can't persecute me anymore," the 71-year-old billionaire was quoted as saying by senators at the closed-door meeting on Wednesday. http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssBroadcasting/idUSL457097420080724