[lbo-talk] Dustup - final installment

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jul 27 10:42:40 PDT 2008

Julio Huato wrote:

> > So, that's what I'm talking about.

I don't have the slightest idea from those quotationns what you are talking about.

All I know is that you reject categorically the ONLY KNOWN METHOD by which substantial social change has ever occurred or ever will occur. You practice a politics of quietism; when I said that there is no use challenging such a politics "in the absence of full-scale clearly defined class-war" I had you specifically in mind. When/if a new growing left movement emerges then _then_ and only then will you be concretely confronted with the choice, "Which side are you on?" Then you will join that (non-electoral and minority) struggle or you will sit on the sidelines. You obviously cannot contribute to the preliminaries for such a struggle; you cannot even usefully join in discussion of _what_ those preliminaries, under present conditions should and can consist of.

Rather you prefer to opt out of the struggle by uselessly preaching to deaf ears.

Carrol