[lbo-talk] Noam on Porn

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 06:36:11 PDT 2008

Doug:

> If he'd never heard of Hustler (which he oddly calls "The Hustler"),
> probably not much.

Maybe he was referring to the Paul Newman/Jackie Gleason classic?

Noam's a bit of a cultural scold, and doesn't seem to like much, if anything, in pop culture. I've talked to him about this in the past, and it's just his temperament. Other than listening to classical music and taking walks, Noam has no time for "wasted time." One wonders what type of recreation or entertainment he'd approve of in an anarcho-syndicalist society.

> Porn is like child abuse or being locked into a sweatshop that burns
> down? Has he ever talked to anyone in the biz? Silly of me even to ask
> the question.

Yeah, I know. While there is some truly disgusting (to me) porn on display, such a blanket condemnation is essentially meaningless.

Dennis