[lbo-talk] Noam on Porn

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 28 11:21:17 PDT 2008

> Surely it is glaringly apparent that the *vast majority*
of pornography does indeed revolve around the degradation of women

Andrea Dworkin lives on better than Freddie Kreuger. She haunts the dreams of those pining for respectable sex. But what lbo male member has not thrilled to words uttered in praise of his thick, throbbing, veiny male member? (compliments for strap-ons do not count, shag. Btw, pegging is the new thing as erectile dysfunction goes global).

> . . . women are reduced to vulgar sex objects, conforming to male
fantasies of super-lubed, inflatable fuck-machines with embryonic personalities.

Maybe Noam should watch some queer porn.

> That is, plainly, a form of symbolic violence against women

No, it is a jerk off fantasy; any symbolic baggage comes from the viewer. Believe it or not, people can make distinctions between the person they have just flogged for an hour and turned into their whimpering puppy and the person they had dinner with last night even when they are one and the same (at least I can).

I didn't realize that the time had arrived for lbo's semi-annual, slightly contentious, but always fabulous porn discussion?

It is like a congregation going into revival.

Yippee!!!

Brian