[lbo-talk] political expression in the USA

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 29 16:07:25 PDT 2008

B. wrote:
> Would be interesting to see how conservative
> blogs/news sources, which were among the first to
> react to this story when it broke, are changing their
> tone or dropping the story altogether as more details
> like these ("gunman was fan of Ann Coulter," etc.)
> come to light. Anyone noticed this or tracked it?
>
> -B.

I was just out picking up some auto parts I ordered and at the auto parts store I overheard a customer talking about this shooting. He heard about it on Fox News this AM His retelling of the news coverage was that Fox News stated the reasons for the shooting were "not clear" but the shooter might have picked a church because he "may have hated organized religion". That is apparently the current right-wing slant according to one Fox News watcher. I guess that sounds better than saying "A fan of Fox News went berserk and started shooting innocent people who were perceived as too liberal for his tastes!"

John Thornton