[lbo-talk] The economic crisis: What's behind it? (Radio Interview with Ellen Brown)

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 30 22:43:25 PDT 2008

What's behind the current economic crisis, and what to do about it?

This week on "Steal This Radio," Southern California attorney and author Ellen Brown (WebOfDebt.com) and Mitchel Cohen get into a lively discussion, joined by Shaune Velazquez. Ellen Brown sees the book "The Wizard of Oz" as historical commentary on U.S. monetary policy, and along the way examines how to fight housing foreclosures, JP Morgan's confiscation of Bear Stearns (with the assistance of the Federal Reserve), and other related matters.

Ellen Brown's essays are available at www.webofdebt.com . You can also order her fascinating book, Web of Debt, at that site.

Music: - Songs from the Wizard of Oz, including (of course!) "Over the Rainbow," sung by Judy Garland, and - Ray Bolger: "If I Only Had a Brain" - ABBA: "Money Money Money" - Dave Lippman: "Big Oil Drum" - John Mellencamp: "Rain on the Scarecrow" - Bruce Springsteen: "Pay Me My Money Down"

The show is broadcast over the internet on Thursday, July 31 at 11 a.m. and repeated next Tuesday, Aug. 5 at 6 p.m. on www.tribecaradio.net . Click on "Listen Live".

You can hear archived shows -- including the 2-part conversation with South African poet and activist Dennis Brutus (shows #49 & #50) -- by clicking on http://tribecaradio.net/wpradioblog/podcasts/stealthisradio any time.

PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENTS TO THAT PAGE