[lbo-talk] Iraqis want occupiers out

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:08:03 PDT 2008

Chris Doss wrote:

I fully expect to be pilloried for saying this, but I think a lot of the antiwar movement has a Manichean worldview that appears to have been derived from watching Star Wars. Evil Empire vs. Heroic Rebellion.

No doubt.

But a lot of people have simple-ass, 'Manichean' ideas about a lot of things.

As for me, I've always taken my cues re: anti-occupation violence in Iraq from Nir Rosen who once wrote (paraphrasing from memory): 'the occupation is ugly, the resistance is ugly. What the hell do you expect?'

.d.