[lbo-talk] rant

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 2 11:56:29 PDT 2008

<http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/06/01/brave-nation-of- half-literate-blog-commenters/>

Brave Nation Of Half-Literate Blog Commenters by KEN LAYNE

[...]

But what's most incredible, to me, as a person who writes about this garbage for a living, is that it doesn't matter at all what I write about, because the comments will be an insane half-literate string of racist nonsense and startling ignorance that has nothing to do with the subject of this post.

[...]

As America loses its long-held leadership of the world and the entire U.S. Economy literally dies and the smart money has long since moved to developing countries and wages stagnate and crushing debt hangs over everything and Americans are dumber, fatter, sicker and poorer than anyone in the modern world, the 2008 campaign was basically 24- month-long indictment of the United States as an easily manipulated nation of bigoted half-wits who will, as always, get nothing from whoever wins the White House.

Ken Layne is the editor of Wonkette.