[lbo-talk] The atheist delusion

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 23:04:40 PDT 2008

Well, we don't really know that religion is purely a social construction. It could be biological, a social construction, even (gasp) true, some combination of the three, or something else.

That religion broadly defined is a human near-universal, like language, suggests it is not merely a contingent social construction.

--- Robert Wrubel <bobwrubel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You're right on religion as a social construction,
> Mike, not an inner drive. But atheism can be a
> social construction, too, and fits in handily with
> certain strands of liberalism. Hitchens and Amis, at
> least, use it frequently to imply the dangerousness
> of Islamic culture.
>
> BobW

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.