[lbo-talk] The atheist delusion

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 13:05:47 PDT 2008

Even I, with no sociology courses and limited world travel, get this one! Substitute sex for hunger, and you'll see how fundamental drives are expressed differently and have different meanings in different cultures.

BobW

Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:

On Jun 3, 2008, at 11:36 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> ...hunger as biologically driven but still profoundly different when
> eating
> with a knife and fork and when eating under some other condition...

What is so "profoundly" different about my appetite when eating with knife and fork in a European restaurant--as opposed to my appetite whan eating with my hands in a pizza parlor or Indian restaurant, with bread in an Ethiopian restaurant, or with wooden sticks in a Chinese or Japanese restaurant?

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos