[lbo-talk] Butler

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Tue Jun 3 22:51:34 PDT 2008

I think that I am too bewildered to be as angry as I probably should be. This may be one of the most offensive things that I have read in some time. The construction of the analogy is false on two fronts. The first is that this is yet another moment that a small section of text is taken out of context and therefore out of the larger rational argument that is being constructed, which is saying something much different than what is being presented here. The second is on the level of word construction. The terms materiality and reality are being used as synonyms when they clearly aren't. You might want to read the actual text before you engage in this kind of bullshit.

robert wood