[lbo-talk] the uses of race

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 4 05:39:08 PDT 2008

[via Mike Allen]

NBC's Tim Russert said shortly before he signed off MSNBC's coverage last night: 'I was thinking: What would like to do tomorrow? No more primaries to cover. [Chuckles.] One, I'd like to be in that meeting between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. But absent that, I would LOVE to teach American history in an inner-city American school tomorrow morning. How GREAT would that be? Just to look in those faces and listen to those kids – what they witnessed and saw tonight.'