[lbo-talk] Ed McMahon: foreclosed upon

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 13:12:44 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Wall Street Journal - June 4, 2008
>
> Ed McMahon May Lose Beverly Hills Home
> By JAMES R. HAGERTY and GLENN R. SIMPSON
>
> Ed McMahon, the longtime sidekick to television star Johnny Carson,
> faces the possible loss of his Beverly Hills home to a foreclosure
> action initiated by a unit of Countrywide Financial Corp.

I used to know a trader at GS who almost without never managed to let any introduction to someone get by without his mentioning he owned the house in Port Washington that formerly belonged to McMahon. While it may sound petty I would like to imagine him facing foreclosure along with tens of thousands of others right now. Of course this is the same individual who thought milk was a manufactured product like Pepsi so maybe I should just be satisfied with that.

John Thornton