[lbo-talk] McCain, Obama's special commercial for (female) viewers of the Lifetime Network

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 00:29:39 PDT 2008

As some people know, I have an ongoing fascination with the Lifetime Network and especially the Lifetime Movie Network, which are both targeted at female audiences (specifically, one suspects what was once called the "soccer mom" demographic).

Both John McCain and Barack Obama recorded special messages for the viewers of the Lifetime network, and I have seen them aired during commercials. They are both at this page:

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/army-wives/personal-messages-john-mccain-and-barack-obama

It's in relation to the new Lifetime series "Army Wives." My girlfriend suggested Lifetime make a sequel to the series, called "Army Widows."

-B.