[lbo-talk] NYSNA vs. SEIU1199

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 09:02:50 PDT 2008

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Max B. Sawicky <sawicky at verizon.net> wrote:

> > Maybe NYSNA is a lousy union, I wouldn't know, but in light of the blinding
> > reality that there's a whole wide world of people with absolutely no
> > organizational
> > backing, it seems insane to pick on the NYSNA.

NYSNA is an affiliate of the NNOC. The CNA/NNOC blew up the CHP union vote and then started raiding SEIU units. SEIU has responded in kind. SEIU has also made an overture to all healthcare unions to sign a no-raiding pact. To this date the NNOC has not responded. SEIU didn't want this fight; the NNOC did.

I get how SEIU stands accused of betraying the revolution for a myriad of issues on this list, but shouldn't one be consistent when it comes to raiding and the fight between SEIU and the NNOC?