[lbo-talk] Thoughts on Butler

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 13:54:27 PDT 2008

If you're talking about Carnap's attack on What Is Metaphysics?, it is a perfect example of missing the point. When a smart guy like Carnap is this dumb, it's gotta be willful.

Not that What Is Metaphysics? isn't Heidegger's worst essay, which it is.

--- cgrimes at rawbw.COM wrote: BTW this is the approach Carnap took against Heidegger at Davos. I am re-reading the introduction this morning. I came to think of analytic philosophy as the Pick'm To Death School.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.