[lbo-talk] Thoughts on Butler

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 11:15:12 PDT 2008

robert wood:

> I tried to translate a portion of Thomas Munter as
> theologian of the revolution.

That book reportedly had a big influence on Rudi Dutschke. Bloch and Marcuse in general were viewed by the 68ers as a revolutionary alternative to the supposed pessimism of Adorno (not to even speak of Horkheimer's inexcusable support for the Vietnam War).

> Words probably could be found to describe the
> disaster, but I would prefer not to explore them

There is an English translation of _Das Prinzip Hoffnung_. I am curious as to how well that turned out. Has anyone here seen it?