[lbo-talk] Butler is not a classicist

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jun 10 11:03:02 PDT 2008

At 12:42 PM 6/10/2008, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
>--===============1031193085==
>
>Shag,
>
>You criticize people for commenting about books they have not read. Then
>you write a post just to flip a finger at Jerry again, with regards to a
>book you haven't read but which he has.
>Doug recently wrote that it's OK for you to repeatedly insult people on
>this list because you're smart.

damn! i missed that. i would have argued with doug about that. when i feel better, i might do that. no wait: doug, it's not ok for me to mean and spread my brand of toxic hostility all over the list because i'm intelligent! i realize that sounds flip: but i'm serious.

>But I don't think intelligence gives you a pass to be mean or to vent your
>brand of toxic hostility.
>
>It's not cool; it's not cute; and it is not kind.
>
>Joanna

that sentence construction is really odd, but telling.

shag