[lbo-talk] Michael Heinrich: The Current Financial Crisis

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 10 11:09:45 PDT 2008

Angelus Novus wrote:

> Good grief, Charles Brown!:
>
> > And the only way you can respond adequately is by
> > quoting _Capital_

I've had to stop reading my friend Charles's posts for the present because they are distorted from their foundation with a totally false understanding (I hope only temporary) of what it means to interpret or construe a text.

A text, whether it is CI or Tennyson's Im Memoriam or a post on lbo-talk does not construe itself. It is meaningless, merely a dead combination of ink and paper (or vibrations in the air or pizels on the screen) unti a reader construes it. There is nothing in Charles's curent posts either to agree or disagree with because he has not attempted to construe the quotations from Marx but merely left them as dead pizels with no meaning.

Carrol