[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 528, Issue 6

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Wed Jun 11 01:56:01 PDT 2008

>>> <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> 06/11/08 1:48 AM >>>
From: (Chuck Grimes) <cgrimes at rawbw.COM> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Thoughts on Butler/the Butler did it

.... Charles B and his question about a biological basis for heterosexuality. I think the most serious answer I could come up with is, I don't know, and I don't think anybody does.

Depends on what you mean by "biological basis". If by basis you mean something like explanation or theory, well then it is obviously there in evolution. Heterosexuality is part of the mechanism for reproduction, without which the species could not have flourished. Of course sexuality can be separated from reproduction (thank god), hence the possibility of homosexuality as well as other forms of sexual gratification sans reproduction. But this is so obvious that I do wonder if this is what is being spoken about here; but then again what else could it be?

Loved that Chompsky. Chomp, Chomp.

Tahir -------------- next part -------------- All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm