[lbo-talk] in which I'm accused of repressing the reptilian brain

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 08:10:03 PDT 2008

Not so. It was the medieval Greek-literate monks who recovered or copied the manuscipts of the Greeks from the Arabs three or four hundred years earlier. Aquinas didn't know Greek (or Arabic), but enough of the monks did to get Aristotle to Aquinas in his day, and then Plato to, e.g., Ficino (who did know Greek, actually) a few hundred years later.