[lbo-talk] heterosexuality?

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Jun 12 09:26:24 PDT 2008

> At 01:01 AM 6/12/2008, Tahir Wood wrote:
>

>>I meant men and women fucking each other and liking it. What did
>>Gramsci have to say about it? Did he have a different notion to this?
>>Tahir
>

> And if they don't like it? Reproduction doesn't depend on that does it?

i wondered about that myself. i'd say that fucking on occasion, once a year or so given gestation, is all that's required. liking it or any attitude about it whatsoever seems unnecessary to reproduction of the species.

i am reminded of this text book we found, written in 30s, as i recall, in which the author said that the central sense important to sex was smell. there was only peripheral mention of vision. i was thinking about research on the importance of pheremones -- something we tend to think of as fairly negligible currently in terms of sex. that is, we tend not to have much of a set of social intereactions and meaning attributed to scent, even though apparently, biologically, these are supposed to play a role.

nevermind me. i'm still woozy from flu.